Next mini-camp: Saturday, April 18 for players with ChessKid rating between 1000-1400.
Has your child been listening to FunMasterMike for years on ChessKid but always wanted to get personalized instruction from him? Well now you can!
FunMasterMike will be now be offering small group mini-camps. Each camp will only allow 8 kids and will be a combination of a fun tournament and instruction. Camps are all online and will last about 4-4.5 hours.
The next mini-camp will be Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 11am Eastern time/8am Pacific/4pm UK.
To sign up, email FunMasterMike at email@example.com with your child’s first and last name, ChessKid username, and location (city and country). Once your spot is secured, you will be emailed a payment link and private meeting link code.
Here’s the structure of the mini-camps:
- 8 kids will be allowed to register for each and will be play a 3-round tournament on ChessKid.com at a time control of G/15, using normal Swiss pairings. Efforts will be made to group kids into the right mini-camp according to ability.
- After each round, FunMasterMike will review all games with all players using a private Zoom meeting. So the mini-camp will alternate between game play and review of games.
- A sample timeline of a camp is: Welcome and greetings, round 1 games, review of the 4 games of round 1, then round 2, review of the 4 games of round 2, a short break, round 3, and a review of the 4 games of round 3 and declaring a winner.
- Students will use their normal ChessKid account for the games, and pairings will be done by their Fast Chess rating. This is a training tournament/mini-camp, and so to take pressure off of the kids, there are no formal prizes.
- Students will also be able to record the mini-camp for later review, and all analysis of the games will also be sent to students after the camp ends.
- The cost of the mini-camp is $150 USD per student, payable by Paypal.